Sunday, June 16, 2013

Changing my skin with the Kiehl's challenge!

Last week, my skin had the worst ever allergic reaction. My face would burn whenever I would sweat or cry. When I told my friends, Je and Mae, about what happened, they said that we should go to Rockwell to make me feel better (since it was the nearest cold place around). We were walking and Je pointed out that Kiehl's had free consultation and said that I should have my face checked.So I did.

I always knew that my skin was dry. I just didn't know how bad it was until the lady who was giving me my diagnosis showed me. To tell what kind of skin condition my face has, she used two strips of paper and stuck one to my forehead, and my cheek. The paper will then be compared to a scale from dry to oily, and boy my test results were at the farthest end of dry. She also pointed out a few problems my skin had that I never really noticed before (such as discoloration or uneven tones, and huge pores). Overall, I was very impressed by their service and expertise!

After the test, she recommended I try a few of their products and use for one week so I could see the difference they would make on my face. This is what she put my samples in. 


Day products from left to right:
Ultra Facial Cleanser, Clearly Corrective White: Skin Whitening Exfoliator, Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-free Toner, Ultra Facial Serum, and Actively Correcting and Brightening BB Cream.

She also gave me instructions on how to use them.

1. Ultra Facial Cleanser or Clearly Corrective White: Skin Whitening Exfoliator.
The Ultra Facial Cleanser can be used everyday, while you should only use the Clearly Corrective White: Skin Whitening Exfoliator two to three times a week. 

2. Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-free Toner.
Put some toner on a cotton ball and apply to your face after using the cleansing products. I've never really used toner on my face before, so this was my first time to try it.

3. Ultra Facial Serum.
You use this to moisturize after using the toner on your face. 

4. Actively Correcting and Brightening BB Cream
Their BB Cream is the last step for the day products. You use it whether you'll be in or outdoors for the day. I also never used BB Cream in my life, so this was also a new experience for me.


Night products from left to right:
Ultra Facial Cleanser, Clearly Corrective White: Skin Whitening Exfoliator, Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-free Toner, Ultra Facial Serum, and Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

The only big difference in the steps for the night products is you take out the BB Cream and replace it with the Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This would also be the very last step, and it was important for her to tell me that I need to be relaxed when using the concentrate for it to work properly. You put two to three drops of it on your hand, rub it till warm, then dab it onto your face.


This is a picture of my skin before using any of the products. As you can see, my skin in the nose area was really raw and red. It was even peeling 24/7 and it's not a very pretty thing to look at. This was one of my concerns about my face, and I hoped that using the products from Kiehl's would help heal this area. The area between my nose and cheek is also very red and dry. 



Lo and behold, after using the products religiously for a full week, my nose area looked a whole lot better! I actually first noticed the difference the products had on my face on the second day! People were telling my that my face looked healthier. They even saw that my nose area looked better, too! It was great because these comments came from people who had no idea that I was trying new products on my skin. No power of suggestion, either, just pure spontaneous compliments based on their observation.

Here is a picture of my face after using the products for one week. Note, this was taken without anything on my face. The peeling and raw redness of my nose area was gone, gone gone! The area between my nose and cheek had also improved greatly, but you can still see traces of dryness (which would be improved with continual use, I'm sure).


I have fallen in love with Kiehl's. From their service down to their highly effective products. I feel more confident about my face, now that I know that it looks much better compared to before. I can honestly say that I have changed my skin with Kiehl's, and I'm never going back to my old products again. 

Seriously, just try it! Not only is this experience for free, but it was also amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment